Numerous free parking lots, some of which are close to the city center, are spread throughout the city, giving you easy access to the shops. To help you find your way around, each one has information panels with a city map.
The 4 main free parking lots near the city center are the following
– Parking Centre-Ville – Allée des Parcs: 5 min from the city center and 10 min from the beach
– Parking de la Mer – Esplanade Jean Baumel: on the seafront, 15 minutes from downtown
– Parking Ponant – Rue Saint-Louis : 15 min from the city center and 10 min from the beach
– Parking Couchant – Avenue de la Petite Motte : 15-20 min from downtown and 10-15 min from the beach
Other free parking lots close to downtown :
– Miramar shopping center parking (10 min from downtown)
– Parking at the Gulls shopping center (15 min from downtown)
– Parking of the tennis courts, along Avenue Général-Leclerc (15 min from downtown).
In La Grande Motte, there are 2 paying parking zones as well as minute stops allowing you to park for 15 minutes free of charge:
Orange zone : 1,50 € / hour
Downtown: Paid every day of the year. The first hour is free.
From 9:00 am to 10:00 pm from April 1st to September 30th.
From 9:00 am to 7:00 pm from October 1st to March 31st.
Quartier du Couchant: paid from June 1st to September 30th from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Green zone Tariff: 0,80 € / hour
Downtown area and point zero: Paid from April 1st to September 30th from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Quartier du Couchant: Paid from June 1st to September 30th from 9am to 10pm
Parking du Grand Travers: Paid from June 1st to September 30th from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm
Subscriptions are also available for residents, professionals and merchants.